Are you ready to inspire Jefferson City’s kids?
Are you ready to inspire Jefferson City’s kids? We are always looking for professional, dedicated and fun individuals to join us in developing our community’s young people. Check out our current job postings below to find a position that’s right for you.
For the safety and health of our employees and the children we serve, we maintain a drug-free work environment. All applicants must pass a comprehensive background screening. Boys & Girls Club is an equal opportunity employer.
Director of Finance & Administration
PROFILE SOURCE: Management Professional
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
SALARY RANGE: $55,000-$65,000
Health insurance with 65% of monthly premium employer paid, employer paid life insurance, short term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance. 2 weeks each of sick & vacation leave.
This position manages financial and administrative functions including accounting, general ledger, financial reporting, budget, purchasing card, accounts payable, accounts receivable, reporting for grants and state programs, payroll, employee benefits, banking, insurance coverage, office management other administrative functions. This includes managing related supporting technology.
This position receives work direction from and reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with the Chief Executive Officer to develop annual income and expense budget
- Recruit, select, manage, and provide career development opportunities for staff and volunteers working within the finance and administration function
- Provide coordination and support to plan develop and manage budgets for all aspects of Club operations, including grants, tax credits and state programs and provide or submit reports when required.
- Support annual strategic planning efforts with Chief Executive Officer.
- Establish and implement and maintain written policies and procedures for all financial and administrative functions, ensuring appropriate controls, compliance with generally accepted accounting practices and state and federal legal requirements.
- Provide timely and complete reporting of financial results and recommendations for necessary actions to maintain the fiscal health of the Club.
- Work closely with Club leadership to maintain, analyze, interpret and timely report financial information needed to effectively manage the Club.
- Continuously identify and evaluate opportunities to improve financial
operations, record keeping and reporting as well as procurement and vendor management.
- Work with external auditors to prepare and review audit schedules and annual report of audit findings.
- Maintain financial records and recordkeeping systems to ensure compliance with all regulations, generally accepted accounting practices and contractual requirements.
- Work with CEO to Oversee the organization’s treasury operations including banking, credit, investments, and other financial instruments.
- Ensure proper required record retention for all financial operations, including grants, tax credits and state programs.
- Create and lead a centralized office finance management and administration function
- Lead team of administrative professionals supporting executive leadership and staff
- Attend meetings of the Board of Directors and Finance Committee
- Provide support to assigned board committees
- High emotional intelligence and collaborative work ethic
- 5+ years’ experience managing finance organizations
- Demonstrated experience managing a high performing team, including professional development and mentorship
- Ability and experience building performance management expectations and plans for teams and individuals
- Ability to delegate critical tasks to teammates inside and across the organization
- Demonstrated knowledge of budget management and accounting practices, processes, and procedures of non-profit organizations
- Experience running administrative, risk management functions
- Experience with the Boys & Girls Club organization is desired
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with team, board members, volunteers, community groups and other related agencies
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university required
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
Youth Development Professional
Be a role model, mentor and youth development leader. Boys & Girls Club is looking for individuals to lead a group of children during the after school program. Youth Development Professionals ensure children are safe, well supervised and are having fun all while delivering academic and enrichment curriculum which is provided.
PAY RATE: $11.65-$15/hour
REQUIREMENTS: Must be 18. 1-2 years of experience taking care of children and/or camp counselor experience preferred. Positions are available at different site locations most starting between 2:30 – 3:00 p.m. and ending between 6 – 7:00 p.m.). Some sites require reliable transportation. All sites require staff to work Monday through Friday.
Youth Development Professional Expectations
Youth Development Professionals (YDP) are expected to provide supervision, instruction, and mentoring moments to our Club members each day. We require staff with maturity and the ability to remain calm in sometimes chaotic conditions while dealing with members who sometimes have more exuberance than self-control. In addition, YDP’s are expected to model good character (remaining calm, speaking respectfully), good citizenship (leaving your workspace clean, assisting others) and a respect for academic achievement (reading with and to members, assisting with school homework, speaking Standard English while with the members).
To apply, please complete the Job Application form and worker registration.